The presentation used in this demo is available for download, below.
Consider a “highly sophisticated inter-locking brick system” like the one shown.
Using FEA we can:
- Determine the amount of force required to push Lego Man’s foot onto a brick.
- Determine the deformation and resulting stress in both parts.
- Evaluate the sensitivity of the design to manufacturing variances.
- Evaluate the sensitivity of the design to material property variances.
- Evaluate the response of the design under different environmental conditions that can effect the material response.
- All this can be done with FEA provided that you have appropriate material properties assigned to the elements.